The Liebster Awards is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers as a way to spread the word about smaller blogs who deserve a larger audience. This award is an honor, but once nominated, you must earn it:
1) You must list 11 things about yourself.
2) Answer 11 questions put to you by person awarding you.
3) Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and list their questions.
4) Go to your nominees’ pages and inform them of the nominations.
So...here are my 11 things about me!
1 ~ I grew up as a preacher/missionary kid and lived in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Nigeria, West Africa and loved them both!
2 ~ I LOVE to eat, especially ethnic foods! And I will take savory over sweet (not your typical woman here, I know ;-)
3 ~ I HATE housekeeping and am not that great at it!
4 ~ I LOVE almost everything about being pregnant and we're currently trying for #3!
5 ~ I LOVE reading!
6 ~ I love worshipping God through music.
7 ~ I would live on the beach if I could...it's my dream!
8 ~ I was naturally blonde most of my life and my hair has gotten darker as I've gotten longer. I still love being blonde, though, so I keep it that way a lot!
9 ~ My hubby is the one who does my hair blonde for me ;-)
10 ~ I'm a very open-minded person.
11 ~ My girls are my life and my heart ♥
Here are my questions from Laura:
- Why do you blog? It's a way for me to share my thoughts with the world. Also, a way for me to keep a kind of diary or journal...I love being able to look back and see how my life has changed and how I've grown, etc. I have always enjoyed writing!
- How many blogs do you have? Just this one! :-)
- Where do you see yourself in five years? I don't know...I'm not a big planner. I think that we end up where we're meant to be and that God just guides us along the way. Hopefully, though, with 3 (or maybe 4) kids, and if we just have one more then I may be taking steps to finish school or get a job or something. And I would LOVE to be living back in NC ;-)
- If you could have any job, what would it be? I wrote a post on my blog last week about the fact that I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up! If I didn't have to do the school part maybe a nurse, or an English and composition teacher, or a realtor. (And my secret one would be to be a model, but that ain't happenin'! Lol)
- What is your favorite meal? Steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus. Or Milanese, mashed potatoes and salad. Or Sushi. I don't have many faves! Too hard for me to pick just 1 of anything! Haha
- How many days a week do you usually read, blog, or write? I read every day. I blog most days except the weekends :-)
- Favorite vacation destination you want to visit? Some tropical island! Jamaica, baby!!!
- Best personality trait you have? My compassion for others...
- Favorite thing about blogging? Letting people truly see who I am. And getting comments on my posts! There's nothing like knowing someone is reading what I write and that they took the time to say something about it :-)
- Favorite Band/Singer? Don't have one. Really, I don't! I will name ONE of my faves, though, um.....Jason Mraz. Jewel. (I couldn't decide which to put so I had to put both...see what i mean? Lol)
- When in High School what social group would you consider yourself in? (jock, prep, loner, etc) Well, I was home schooled in high school so I don't think this applies to me. I've often wondered where I would have fit in, though!
Okay, here are my questions for my nominees!
1. What has been your biggest life lesson thus far?2. Would you rather spend a week in Italy or Hawaii?3. You have to give up chicken or beef for the rest of your life, which will it be?4. When was the last time you pampered yourself and what did you do?5. Is your hair color natural or not?6. Do you work out?7. What is your biggest fear?8. What made you decide to start blogging?9. What's the last book you read?10. What's the last thing you ate?11. How many blogs would you say you visit on average per day?
And here are my nominees:
So some of these gals are lifelong friends, some are my Dollhouse gf's (shout out to my girls!...and no it's nothing sexual as it may sound, it's a special group of amazing gals on CafeMom), and some are just blogs that I've just recently discovered and enjoyed reading and following!