Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 goals???

I'm not usually one for making New Year's resolutions. Most people, including myself, don't usually stick to them for long. I think I'm gonna list a few things that I would love to work on this year, but they don't come with any promises to anyone (including myself)!

~ Read my Bible! (I'm not gonna say daily, or even weekly, because at this point, my goal is just to start reading it again!)

~ Do better with keeping my house organized and picked up and just to NOT let the clutter build up!

~ To trust in God, step by step, and give Him control (and remember that He IS in control) of all things in my life.

~ To be a better wife to Michael. To be more patient, loving, doting, and to have more of a servant's heart towards him (does that make sense?). Also, maybe to be more trusting. My lack of trust in him takes a significant toll on me at times, and I hate it!

~ To be a better mommy to Emily. To be more patient, more fun, a better example, more of a teacher...just better ('cause we can always be better!).

~ To take care of myself during this pregnancy and to have an amazing birth with NO drugs (not just no epidural), like I did with Emily, but hopefully my placenta cooperates this time! And to (hopefully) do well balancing pregnancy and Emily, and then Emily and Baby H.

Um...I think I'll leave it at that. That's really all I can think of right now, anyway. It still feels kinda silly to write it all down, as I've done it before! But, there it is...hopefully I CAN and WILL do better! *love*

2 comments:

Bunch of Barrons said...

Sounds like some pretty good ideas to me. I need to work on the better wife/managing both babies right there with ya. So hard especially when you're exhausted all the time. Good luck! :)

Jessi said...

Great goals, Nan. I'll be praying for you as you strive for them. You'll do wonderful! I miss you lots! Give Em kisses for me.
LOVE